Speaking Part 1
1. Do you like birds? OR How do you feel about birds?
I take a very keen interest in nature, so I love to learn about the different species of flora and fauna that are a part of the majestic animal kingdom. Birds, in particular, are truly fascinating creatures. They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. They have complex social and mating behaviors that are fun to witness. Bird watching is one of my favorite things to do during the spring. It is the best time if you want to see a lot of different bird types as it is the egg-laying season.
2. Have you seen many kinds of birds?
Well, living in the city, birds are a rare sight. Most of the stuff about birds that I’ve seen is on documentaries of the great outdoors. I mean, I’ve seen some common breeds in real life like pigeons and sparrows, but nothing too exotic. However, whenever I plan any treks or outdoor exploration days, I make sure that I carry my camera to photograph any rare nests I might come across.
3. How do people in your country feel about birds?
Overall, they are not very into birds. Only elderly people are fond of keeping birds in their home, or feeding them at the local parks or ponds. Most of people only like to eat them especially game birds like pheasants. People in remote areas often hunt for birds in the wild and roast them over an open fire. They are considered a delicacy where I come from.
4. Have you seen many different kinds of birds?
I have only seen a few – I once visited a farm that raised Ostriches and Peacocks for their beautiful feathers. Apart from this, I have seen common farm ducks and chickens. The most exciting bird that I ever saw was a brood of penguins at the local zoo.
- Develop a keen interest In: to be very interested in something
Eg: Lately I have developed a keen interest into paintings
- Animal kingdom: the world of animals
Eg: Humans should not disturb the natural habitats of the animal kingdom
- Great outdoors: the woods, the wilderness, the wild
Eg: “After crossing this narrow pathway, you will find great outdoors”
- Exotic: originating in or characteristic of a distant foreign country
Eg: “Let’s plan an exotic trip somewhere”
- Game birds: a bird that may be legally hunted according to the laws
Eg: The game birds were perfect entertainers
- Delicacy: a choice or expensive food
Eg: This restaurant serves some exotic delicacies.