Speaking Part 1
1. Do you do any physical exercise?
You could call me a couch potato (a lazy person who sits on the sofa a lot. “Couch” is another word for sofa). I’m naturally thin without any exercise, so I’m quite lazy when it comes to exercise. I do go hiking in the mountains, but I should definitely do more to build muscle.
2. Do young people in your country like to do exercise?
Gyms are not very popular in my country because of the cost, but I would say that people get their fair share of exercise everyday because of the hills in the city. Many people climb a mountain to their home every single day! I used to live in a house that was unreachable by car and a total of 200 stairs to get there!
3. Do you think people are keen on doing physical activity? Why?
Well, I think they are quite accustomed to it. I don’t think they would be too keen on going to the gym, but they really enjoy going on mountain hikes. Since our religion is based upon the Mother Earth and the Mountain Gods, these treks are a spiritual journey.
- couch potato: a lazy person who sits on the sofa a lot. “Couch” is another word for sofa
Eg: My brother is a couch potato
- Gyms: place to workout
Eg: My sister joined gym last month
- mountain hikes: climbing mountains
Eg: My friends are going mountain hiking