- Are there many advertisements in your country?
- Why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
- What are the various places where we see advertisements?
- How do you feel about advertisements?
1. Are there many advertisements in your country?
Definitely, there are. They appear all over the place from the streets to social media with a high density. For example, there is a multitude of colourful flyers stuck on the street walls in Sydney.
- All over the place (expression) everywhere
- Density (n) the number of people or things in a given area or space.
- A multitude of (expression) a very large number of people or things
- Flyers (n) a small handbill advertising an event or product.
2. Why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
I guess it’s due to the benefits of the companies. First, advertisements are the easiest way to reach customers to attract their attention to a particular brand or product. From that attractive information, customers will be able to choose an appropriate one. Second, it also plays a crucial role in the marketing strategy that the company apply to attract customers.
- To be able to do (v) having the power, skill, means, or opportunity to do something.
- To play a (an) crucial/essential/key/main role in (v): of great importance
- Campaign (n) an organized course of action to achieve a goal
3. What are the various places where we see advertisements?
Advertising is here, there, and everywhere. It gets to people through different types of communication such as flyers and banners on the streets or printed ones on newspaper, magazines or electronic ones on social media. It could be written, verbal or a short movie.
Here, there, and everywhere (expression) everywhere
4. How do you feel about advertisements?
Sometimes, I find it a little bit disappointing because the quality products are usually overrated. However, there are other beneficial advertisements in supermarkets which has informative contents for customers such as on which days there will be promotions or which new products will be launched.
- Informative (adj.) to provide useful or interesting information
- Promotions (n) activity that supports or encourages a cause, venture, or aim.
- Launch (v) to introduce (a new product or publication) to the public for the first time.
- Overrated (adj.) to have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved