- What kinds of food do you particularly like?
- Is there any food you don’t like?
- What kinds of food are most popular in your country?
- Do you like cooking? (Why?/ Why not?)
Sample Answers :
1: What kinds of food do you particularly like?
I’d have to say Asian cuisine is my favorite. I am a huge fan of the bold flavors and spices used in Korean and Vietnamese dishes. Something I often daydream about eating is X, which is a tip-smacking noodle soup dish served with a crab broth. It’s every bit as delicious as it sounds.
- Bold flavor (phrase) strong flavor
- Tip-smacking (adj) delicious
- Broth (noun) soup consisting of meat or vegetable chunks
2: Is there any food you don’t like?
It’s true that there are a few things that kind of put me off. For example, I cannot stand Y, which is essentially a shrimp paste. A lot of people like it, though, but I think it smells awful. Definitely not my cup of tea.
- Put someone off (phrase) cause someone to lose interest or enthusiasm
- Not my cup of tea (idiom) not what one likes or is interested in
3: What kinds of food are most popular in your country?
I think street food is a staple around here. You can find bustling food stalls all around our nation, and they are my go-tos for a cheap and cheerful meal. I mean gourmet restaurants are nice and all, but street food is what our country is all about.
- Staple (noun) an important product, especially a food, that people eat or use regularly
- Bustling (adj) a bustling place is full of noise and activity and is usually pleasant and interesting
- Gourmet restaurant (phrase) describe a class of restaurant, cuisine, meal or ingredient of high quality, of special presentation, or high sophistication
4: Do you like cooking? (Why?/ Why not?)
Actually, I’d like to think that cooking is my forte. I developed a passion for culinary arts when I first watched the cooking show Masterchef. Since then, I have learnt a lot of recipes and I can easily whip up a good dinner.
- Whip up (phrasal verb) prepare something to eat very quickly
- Forte (noun) something that someone is very good at or knows a lot about