- What’s (the name of) your hometown?
- Is it a big city or a small town?
- Describe your hometown a little?
- How long have you been living there?
- Do you like your hometown? If so, what do you like most about it?
- Is there anything you dislike about it?
- Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
- Has your hometown changed much since you were a child?
- Are there any changes you would like to make in your hometown?
Answers to Describe Your Hometown :
1. What’s (the name of) your hometown?
Victoria is my hometown. It is a province located in the west of my country.
2. Is that a big city or a small place?
It is a small province with slightly more than 1 million people.
3. Please describe your hometown a little?
It has a breathtaking view of picturesque landscapes with rolling mountains and greenish lakes. However, due to the increasing economy, a number of businesses, especially in sugarcane, are invested in my hometown making it very promising.
4. How long have you been living there?
I had lived there for around 15 years before my family left for Santa City. It’s been more than ten years since I left my hometown.
5. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
Yes, I do like my hometown! I like the hospitality of people in my hometown. Also, everyone was willing to give others a hand when they needed help.
- Hospitality (n) The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers
- Give someone a hand (idiom) to help someone do something
6. Is there anything you dislike about it?
Personally, it’s a bit boring for me because as a small town, there isn’t a shopping mall or any other means of entertainment. The streets don’t get very crowded as well. However, I believe that it is improving day by day and turning into a potential hotspot due to the increasing number of annual visitors.
7. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
To be honest, I hope I could go there to visit my relatives and friends, but settling down is not part of my plan. I am now getting familiar with city life as there are more job opportunities here.
- To settle down (v) adopt a more steady or secure style of life, especially in a permanent job and home
8. Has your hometown changed much since you were a child?
Actually yes. It has changed enormously. Around 20 years ago you would barely find tall buildings in my area, but now you’d easily be able to catch sight of skyscrapers and tower blocks there.
9. Are there any changes you would like to make in your hometown?
I would like to ameliorate the infrastructure so that I can avoid being stuck in the traffic jam during peak hours.
- Ameliorate(v) make (something bad or unsatisfactory) better.