- Do you like your dreams at night?
- Do you remember your dream when you wake up?
- Do you like hearing other’s dreams?
- Why are dreams so important? /Do you think dreams will affect life?
- What is your dream?
- Do you want to learn more about dreams?
Sample Answers :
1.Do you like your dreams at night?
For me, the answer is obviously no. This is mainly because I often dream about the bad experiences in the past, which makes me have a sinking feeling when waking up and put me in such a bad mood all day long.
- Have a sinking feeling (idiom) a feeling that something bad is going to happen
- Put somebody in a bad mood (idiom) sad; depressed; grouchy; with low spirits
2.Do you remember your dream when you wake up?
Well, honestly, I completely forget most dreams I have been through. However, sometimes I had vivid dreams which regularly haunted me. Every now and then, I had really pleasant and meaningful dreams which I could remember well after awakening and I love to take a trip down memory lane for a while.
- To be through (phrase) To have finished something
- Vivid dream (phrase) any dream or nightmare which one remembers after awakening
- Every now and then (idiom) sometimes
- Take a trip down memory lane (idiom) to reminisce over memories of past events, especially happy ones.
You spend nearly one-third of your life asleep, so remembering your dream is such a challenge. Honestly, I hardly recall any of my dreams after waking up. Sometimes, I manage to visualize a dream in graphic detail just because that dream does bring some strong emotions after I wake up.
- Recall (v): to remember something
- Visualize (v): to form a picture of somebody/something in your mind
3. Do you like hearing other’s dreams?
By all means. I suppose that dreams represent their current psychological stress or struggles that they express themselves in an environment considered safe. Therefore, when I listen to them speaking about their dreams, I can get an insight into their body, mind and spirit.
- By all means (phrase) Of course, certainly
- Psychological stress (phrase) under mental, physical, or emotional pressure
- Get/gain an insight into (phrase) have the clear understanding of something
Surprisingly, there are those whose dreams can be a fortune teller. Therefore, I prefer listening to mysterious dreams of people surrounding me. They can predict what will happen in the future, which makes me very excited. Hearing other’s dreams really catches my attention.
- Fortune teller (n): a person who claims to have magic powers and who tells people what will happen to them in the future
- Catch someone’s attention: to make someone interested in or excited about something
4. Why are dreams so important? /Do you think dreams will affect life?
Well, this is an interesting question. I think we are all aware of how important dream is. Dreams motivate us to move forward, overcome obstacles to fulfill ourselves. Dream is something out of reach only when do people have no passion and patience, as well as life purposes. Honestly, I feel pity for whoever lives without dream as they’ll never know what they can do and how dreams can shape them.
- Move forward (phrase verb) make progress
- Out of reach (phrase) unobtainable
- Life purpose (phrase)
In fact, a dream is a wish your heart makes. Hence, you usually dream about what you are hoping, so with someone who is superstitious, it’s good when their dreams turn into a good precursor, which makes them feel relieved about the future. Then, it is undeniablethat dreams will affect life in all ways.
- Superstitious (a): belief that is not based on human reason or scientific knowledge, but is connected with old ideas about magic, etc.
- Precursor (n): a person or thing that comes before somebody/something similar and that leads to or influences its development
5. What is your dream?
I’m living the dream to become a successful businessman who can run a chain store. I’m trying to fulfill my dream and hopefully one day it’ll come true.
- Living the dream (idiom) do what you really want to do/achieve
- Chain store (phrase) a store that is part of a chain of similar stores selling the same type of product, and that are all owned and controlled by the same organization
- Fulfill one’s dream (phrase) realize one’s dream
- Come true (phrase) to materialize as expected or hoped
6. Do you want to learn more about dreams?
To me, dreams always beg a question. I often wonder why we dreams, how dreams occur in our life and how they can predict what will happen in the future. Therefore, I would like to look into them more carefully to figure out the mysteries lying beneath my dreams.
- beg a question: if a statement or situation begs the question, it causes you to ask a particular question
- look into: to examine the facts about a problem or situation
- figure out: to discover