- What do you do in your holidays?
- Who do you usually spend the holidays with?
- Do you prefer travelling alone or in a group?
- Why are holidays important to you?
- If you could take a holiday anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
Samples Answers :
1. What do you do in your holidays?
Sometimes I travel to broaden my horizons, to admire the beauty of nature and to plunge myself into the picturesque landscape in other regions in my country. Every now and then, I just stay at home with my family and have a little get-together to celebrate the holidays.
- Broaden/widen/expand one’s horizon (phrase) to make you see a wider range of opportunities and choices | expand one’s range of interests, activities, and knowledge.
- Plunge oneself into something (phrase) to suddenly start doing something with energy and enthusiasm, but sometimes without thinking about it first.
- Every now and then (idiom) sometimes
- Get-together (noun) a small informal meeting or social gathering
2. Who do you usually spend the holiday with?
It depends on what kind of holiday it is. If it’s Christmas vacation, I prefer to hang out with my friends here and there and have a chit-chat. If it’s New Year holiday, I just want to celebrate the holiday with my family and relatives in a cozy ambience.
- Here and there (idiom) in various places
- Chit chat (noun) inconsequential conversation; gossip
3. Do you prefer travelling alone or in a group?
I would say that I’m kind of an introvert so I would rather travel alone to some tranquil and peaceful beauty spots than travel with a group of people during the holiday.
- Kind of (phrase) used when you are talking about someone or something in a general way without being very exact or definite.
- Introvert (noun) someone who tends to concentrate on their own thoughts and feelings rather than communicating with other people.
4. Why are holidays important to you?
A holiday is a perfect time for recharging my batteries after a year full of challenges and obstacles, having some me time and planning for the upcoming year.
- Recharge my batteries (phrase) regain one’s strength and energy by resting and relaxing for a time
- Me time (noun) Time spent relaxing on one’s own as opposed to working or doing things for others, seen as an opportunity to reduce stress or restore energy
- Plan ahead (phrase) to think carefully about a series of actions that you need to take to achieve something
5. If you could take a holiday anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
If the choice is in my hands, I’m yearning for travelling to […..] on Christmas vacation when the weather is neither too cold nor too hot. There I can contemplate the picturesque scenery.
- In my hands (idiom) In one’s the responsibility, charge, or care
- Yearn for doing something (phrase) to want something a lot, especially something that you know you may not be able to have
- Contemplate (verb) to look at something or someone for a long time | admire