Topic : Leisure Time, Hobbies Model
- Do you have any hobbies?
Well, everyone has their own leisure pursuits, and mine is reading. The book I’m reading at the moment is The Godfather by renowned author Mario Puzo. It’s a classic, really, and I’d recommend it.
- Is it important to have a hobby?
Definitely! I mean nowadays life is getting more and more hectic, so people are always under an enormous amount of stress. That’s why it’s helpful to get into some recreational activities to be able to unwind and just forget about life for a minute, you know?
- Is it harmful to spend too much time on a hobby?
Yes, I believe spending excessive time on a hobby may have an adverse effect on people. You may end up having not enough time for your priorities like family or work. For example, it’s easy for me to lose myself in books and neglect the deadlines at work.
- What free-time activities would you like to try in the future?
I would love to have a crack at extreme sports in the future, maybe ski-diving. It looks like a blast and I think I will get a real kick out of free-falling from enormous heights.
- Have a crack at :to try to do something although you are not certain that you will succeed
Ex: She tried to have a crack at dance.
- Blast: a thrill
Ex: “I did Bungee jumping yesterday. It was a blast”
- Get a real kick out of (doing) something :it means to enjoy something very much
Ex: She got a real kick out of snorkelling.
- End up doing something: to be in a particular place or state after doing something
Ex: They ended up doing something interesting .
- Leisure pursuit : hobby
Ex; Sports is his leisure pursuit.