- Do you mind noises?
- What types of noise do you come across in your daily life?
- Are there any sounds that you like?
- Where can you hear loud noise?
- Do you think there’s too much noise in modern society?
- Are cities becoming noisier?
1.Do you mind noises?
It’s really hard for me to say no. I mean, I really can’t bear noisy people, noisy places or even noisy things. For me noise is the number-one distractor when it comes to studying or working. You know, they actually just go ahead and interrupt my flow of thoughts.
- Can’t bear Ving (expression) can’t tolerate something
2. What types of noise you come across in your daily life?
Well, I have to say that I face up to a rich variety of noises on a daily basis. The first type of noise is from traffic, especially during the rush hours. The second is noise from factories, construction sites which never fail to distract me from working, thereby reducing my productivity.
- Face up to (phrasal verb) to confront an unpleasant situation
- Productivity (n) The quality of being productive
3. Are there any sounds that you like?
I think there is one sound that can always lull me to sleep, the rain sound. There are nights I was so stressed out that I can hardly sleep no matter how much I tried, and then I went online searching for some sound for deep sleep or relaxation, and rain sound is always one of the top choices. And since then rain sound has become my go-to on sleepless nights.
- To lull SO to sleep (v) to calm or send to sleep, typically with soothing sounds or movements
- To be stressed out (adj) a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances.
- Top recommendations (n) to be highly recommended
- Go-to (adj) ideal, first choice
4. Where can you hear loud noise?
From a number of sources. It can come from the crazy drivers down there on the streets. It can come from a building being built. It can come from a music festivals or a DJ party where the crowd totally go wild. It can even come from a crying baby or a fight nextdoor.
5. Do you think there’s too much noise in modern society?
Indeed. I do think the level of noise is increasing overtime mainly due to human activities. The situation gets even worse if you live in a big modern city at a young age. Your auditory must be trained so hard to tolerate such noise everyday. It is really alarming now to raise people’s awareness towards this “invisible” killer.
- Auditory (n) relating to the sense of hearing
- Tolerate (v) to accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance
6. Are cities becoming noisier?
Most cities in our country are suffering serious noise pollution due to rapidly increasing population and a massive amount of daily transportation. The consistently intense presence of noise does serious harm to the public health.
- To do (serious) harm to (v) to damage the health of