Topic : Patience
- What do you think “patience” is?
Well, I think patience is a virtue. Unfortunately, nowadays most people are quite impatient. For example, many people want to get rich quickly but are not willing to get their hands dirty. So they always complain about life.
- Do you think patience is important?
Absolutely. I think it’s a quality that everybody should try to learn. In my opinion, learning to wait until the right time is the key to success. In fact, most successful entrepreneurs are very patient.
- Do you think being patient is an important part of being polite?
Yes, I think patience is an indicator of politeness. A polite person would never chew someone out for keeping them waiting. If there’s a good excuse for being late, a polite person would be willing to overlook such minor mistakes.
- Have you ever lost your patience?
Well, yeah, without doubt, there has been times when I lost my cool. For example, there was this one time, when I had to wait forever to be seated at a popular restaurant. Then someone suddenly cut in line and that really ticked me off.
- Were you patient when you were young?
I don’t really know, since I don’t have many childhood memories. It’s pretty common, however, for kids to easily lose patience as they don’t know how to keep their emotions in check. There may have been times I was patient, and times I was not.
- lost one’s cool: to suddenly become very angry and start shouting.
Ex: She lost her cool when she lost her diamond ring .
- Cut in line: push into a line of people in order to be served or dealt with before one’s turn.
Ex: The customer cuts in line so that he gets first all the items .
- Tick off: to make someone angry or annoyed.
Ex: He was ticked off after the quarreling happened between them.
- Chew someone out: reprimand someone severely.
Ex: He chewed someone out of his house severely.
- Overlook: to disregard or ignore indulgently, as faults or misconduct.
Ex: She has been overlooked by the team.