Topic : Television
- Do you often watch TV?
I prefer watching TV to surfing the Internet due to its selectivity and accessibility. Because the audience can be children, teenagers and families, the content of TV programs are examined carefully and suitable time frame is arranged to avoid having negative impacts on them.
- What’s your favourite TV programme?
Definitely music channels such as MTV or V-channel. These channels offer a wide variety of music every day. Also, they also interact with their audience by allowing them to vote for the Top 20 songs of each week or to play the songs they requested.
- What types of TV programme are popular in your country?
In my country, these days reality shows and comedy shows are among the most popular TV programs. I guess it’s because its content is suitable for the audience of any age from children to the elderly. The fans of reality shows feel interactive and familiar with the competitors while that of comedy shows generally want to be entertained with jokes and laughter.
- Do you ever watch foreign programs or films?
I did enjoy quite a lot of shows and programs, from music, movies, fashion, news and scientific documentaries since the foreign are so good at visual editings and content management. Most of them are in English because I’m more familiar with this language compare to French or Japanese.
- What (types of) programmes did you watch when you were a child?
Like other children, I watched a number of cartoons and music programs for children when I was a child. Tom and Jerry, Barbie, Disney series are my favourites which still gets me excited whenever I see them on TV now. My mom said I also was kind of attracted to music programs for children that I focused on them completely while eating.
- Do you think television has changed in the past few decades?/ (Possibly) Do you think television has changed since you were a child?
Televisions indeed have been changing remarkably for the past few years. The technology has become so innovative and competitive to meet the customers’ high demand for entertainment. The variety of TV programs is no longer limited to the national level but has reached to a number of foreign countries, and is significantly diversifying in content for audience preference.
- To be innovative (adj.): to be developed in the technology
- To meet one’s demand on Something (v): to provide someone with Something/to provide Somthing for Someone
- To diversify (v): to vary, to have many choices available
- Has television changed your life in any way?
I think watching TV has become a habit that I would hardly change. My family always watch the news while having dinner together. Personally, I’d love watching TV for relaxing after studying as well as keeping myself updated on showbiz, music, movies, landscape discoveries and fields of science. Thus as long as I do not become a couch potato, TV has always played an important role in my life, making my life more colourful and opening in front of my eyes the places I’ve never been to.
- Couch potato (phrase): a person who is addicted to watching TV
- To play an important/key/crucial role in Something (phrase): to be essential