IELTS Speaking Part 3
Topic : Music
In this post, we would like to put an emphasis on IELTS Speaking Part 3 topic Music.
1. Why do you think that some local singers or musicians aren’t as successful as some from other countries?
I think that fame is sometimes simply the luck of the draw. I think those born in United States or other developed countries who play a large role in pop culture are the ones who find success more easily. I think it’s unfair that some are born with privileges that will eventually lead them to fame and wealth. For example, as you see, many famous singers are those who were already born rich or with famous parents. Sadly, it’s all about who you know!
2. Do you think the Internet has affected the music industry? In what ways?
I definitely agree that internet has greatly affected the music industry. For one, I’m sure that some artists have lost money due to illegal internet downloads. Secondly, now artists are exposed to the world much more easily. In this cyber era, we have so much information at the click of a mouse. I’m sure that it is much easier to get your name out there nowadays. I wonder if the famous will become even more famous!
3. Do you think there will be further changes in the music industry in the future?
As with all things, I believe that the music industry will definitely continue to change. I see that nowadays music is relying more on electronic devices rather than human hands, like in the olden days. I think that nowadays someone doesn’t even need to pick up an instrument to be a musician. I firmly believe that the music industry will become more reliant on technology.
4. Do you think the music young people listen to in your country is becoming more globalized? Why/Why not?
My answer is a definite yes. Nowadays, young people are jamming out to American hits as well as K-pop. American hits have always been globalizing, and continue to globalize at an incredible rate. I think that almost every person can sing along to many American hits! Furthermore, K-pop is becoming a phenomenon for teens around Asia, and perhaps will continue to reach hearts around the globe.
Vocabulary for Speaking Part 3
- Privileges: A special authority possessed by a particular person or group
Ex: As a senior executive, you will enjoy certain privileges.
- Phenomenon: A remarkable person or thing.
Ex: This is a remarkable phenomenon.
- Globalizing: Develop or be developed so as to make international influence or operation possible.
Ex: There is a possibility to slow down the rate of globalization.
- Reliant: Dependent on someone or something.
Ex:The students are completely reliant on teachers for the studies